Sunday 13 November 2011

In the Company of Oneself

So I am currently away in Greece, again, looking at old pots like the sherd nerd I am, and I am sitting in beautiful Nauplio thinking how lucky am I but maybe it'd be better with company.

I love my own company. 

When the Boy goes away, yes it's sad but then I get to live in a tidy flat (boys are so untidy, it messes with my OCD)
Extreme tidiness.

 I can sleep diagonally in the bed, I can have whatever food I want for dinner; it's awkward to make two different meals so generally as the Boy cooks we have what he likes most - he would happily cook separately for me. 

I can do my own thing. It's not that I can't do my own thing when the Boy is there but I just find I have less head space, I have to remember to remember my stuff and then his stuff and then our stuff.




So I make the most of it and enjoy having uninterrupted long hot baths (in my head they are in a bathroom alot like this)




Get into a fresh bed and read for hours




Eat a nice box of choccies and watch a girly film

I LOVE this film, the music is so well suited to it!
 
But now I am somewhere with all my own space and wanting some company, typical. It's sad sitting at a table alone in a busy restaurant. It would be nice to just ring up a friend and say 'hey lets get drinks' but then I kick myself and remind myself that I am in Greece. In a beautiful part of Greece. With access to A LOT of AMAZING ice cream. I am getting to spend everyday on my PhD. And I am sleeping diagonally. HAPPY DAYS.




I must state this picture has been taken from Travelpod.com but is a picture of true Nauplio gelato, yom nom nom...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment