Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas Gifts- The Nightmare of What to Buy Your Mother in Law

So because I am always so busy and becoming increasingly less organised I have only just considered my Christmas shopping list, in fact I am so unorganised there isn't even a list yet.


We have very few pennies this year so are doing token gifts that will be a combination of handmade and small shop bought items. Sadly as the people who we are getting gifts for read this blog, I will have to keep the actual gifts under wraps until after Christmas (excuse the pun).

Part of the dilema this year is that we want to get the Boy's mom an extra special gift as we didn't really get her anything special to say thanks for her amazing work at the wedding - we even forgot to present her with the flowers, what can I say we were disorganised and tired. 

So we thought a nice pair of earrings, something lasting and special. We asked advice from other family members of what she might like and got some very helpful guidelines, sadly everything was well out of our price range, and the ones we could afford got a few thumbs down. So now we have no idea what to get her and are worried that whatever we buy will be no good.


So here is list of what I would love to buy many of the ladies in my life...



 These are so simple and so elegant from Bluehourde Designs on Etsy

 And this necklace is so beautiful 


It's from Minerals and Metals again on Etsy

This lovely Kimono dressing gown from Not on the High Street

 Or this velvet gown from The White Company 

I love these note books from Not on the High Street

 

And I am a sucker for Moleskines

This recipe journal is a fab gift idea!


If you want to give something more personal you could always do a 'pamper hamper' where you buy her all her favourite bath/cosmetic products, candles, chocolates and maybe a book she likes. Every girl likes a relaxing soak with a good book right?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment