Friday 14 October 2011

Vienna Part two

Well once we left the museum we were able to see alot in a couple of hours. We went to a market that was mahoooosive, with plenty of my favourite things, antiques, food and vintage clothes. Why oh why did I not pack lightly!
 It was pretty busy, this was at 9am!

 Not quite the vintage clothing I had hoped for...

 I think I just walked into cheese heaven

 The big wheel at Prater  
People were having candle lit dinners in cabins on here as it went round at night. It struck me as probably one of the most romantic ways to propose. Other than how the Boy proposed to me, a story for another time.

  A water ride at prater, this was the best night we had. The fair was amazing, like a theme park of tacky, whacky fun.

On the way to the airport we went for a little walk and a coffee in one of the many cafes. We didn't realise that everything except cafes closed on a Sunday. Whilst it was a little annoying that none of the museums were open I was really happy to see there was a day where people had to spend time relaxing and hang out with their families.
This was the parliament building which at the time had a circus outside. Finally we popped into an old church that was being renovated. It was so lovely inside but there was a service on so I restrained myself from taking too may pics, all tourist stylie 


It also had a vending machine of church material which made us laugh, oh the 21st century!

If you ever get the chance to go to Vienna do it. It was so lovely. The people were nice, the city was lovely with art and public spaces everywhere, and the food was surprisingly cheap this cost 10 euros which was pretty awesome for a massive steak, it literally was the size of the plate and cooked to perfection! Sorry it's a little blurry, I see it as the haze of yumminess!


No comments:

Post a Comment